New Delhi: The Centre has introduced an application named Co-WIN (Covid Vaccine Intelligence Work) to help the vaccination process. Co-WIN app, which is currently in the pre-product stage, will have the data of health officials who will be the first in line to get the coronavirus vaccination. Over 75 lakh health officials have reportedly registered them on this app already.
Here are some key features of CoWIN app:
- CoWIN will give permission to create a Unique Health ID for every user.
- After administration of both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, a QR code certificate will be generated which can be stored on the government’s DigiLocker app.
- The app will provide an automated allocation of vaccination sessions. One of the authentication methods would be the use of the Aadhaar number to prevent malpractice in the vaccination drive.
- In case of any adverse effect following immunisation, there is a provision for real-time reporting on the digital platform.
- The app includes features like SMS in 12 languages, 24X7 helpline, ChatBot assistance and others.