ISRO has invited applications from students for a 5-day free online course called “Satellite Remote Sensing of Atmosphere”. The course, which is being conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, would be beneficial professionals, researchers and students interested in learning utility of satellite observations in atmospheric studies. Participants will also receive a certificate for the course based on 70 percent attendance. Since there are a limited number of seats, participants will be admitted on a first come first serve basis.
What the ISRO Free Online Course on Satellite Remote Sensing Will Cover?
The official website says that the course will provide an overview on retrieval of atmospheric parameters from satellite observations, fog monitoring, rainfall monitoring using visible, infrared, and microwave sensors, types of air pollutants, air pollution episodes, monitoring of air pollution plume, and tracking of tropical cyclone among other topics. Some of the topics that will be covered over a period of 5 days are as follows:
- Overview on retrieval techniques of atmospheric parameters using satellite data.
- Satellite monitoring of Rainfall from visible, infrared, and microwave sensors sensors.
- Satellite Remote Sensing for fog retrieval and monitoring.
- Application of Satellite observations for tropical cyclone monitoring.
- Satellite monitoring of particulate matter.
- Monitoring of gaseous air pollutants from satellite observations.
How to Register for ISRO Free Online Course?
To participate in the ISRO free online course the interested organizations, universities, departments, or institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end. The identified coordinator will register online their institute as the nodal center the IIRS website following which all the participants have to register online through registration page by selecting their organization as the nodal center. Those who wish to know more are advised to go through the official brochure for more information.