New Delhi: States and UTs will be now in a better position to implement Jal Jeevan Mission projects by using innovative technology as Union Ministry of Jal Shakti has listed out 5 innovations. States can use these technologies depending on their requirement and suitability.
A multi-disciplinary Technical Committee in the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has recommended five technologies specifically three technologies for drinking water and two technologies for sanitation as innovative technologies out of the ten technologies considered by it and these technologies would now be listed in the innovation portal of the Department.
The five technologies that have been recommended are:
- Grundfos AQpure, a solar energy based water treatment plant based on ultra filtration
- Janajal Water on Wheel, an IoT based electric vehicle based on GPS location to enable delivery of safe water to the doorstep of households
- Presto Online Chlorinator, a non-electricity dependent online chlorinator for disinfection of water for removal of bacterial contamination
- Johkasou technology – an inbuilt packaged black (sewage) and grey water (Kitchen and bath water) treatment system having advanced anaerobic-aerobic configuration that can be installed underground
- FBTec®, a site assembled decentralised sewage treatment system using fixed filter media