Indore has been awarded the title of the best “National Indore Smart City” award, for its sterling performance in the Smart Cities Mission. On 25th August, 2023, the results of the India Smart Cities Contest (ISAC)-2022 was announced by the Union Housing Affairs Ministry. The ‘Best State Award’ was awarded to Madhya Pradesh.
Surat and Agra won the second and third place respectively, while Tamil Nadu was awarded second place in the state category, followed by Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, who shared the third spot. Chandigarh, as a Union Territory, holds the highest score.
The Centre launched the Smart Cities Mission (SCM) on June 25, 2015, as an initiative to provide a clean and sustainable environment, core infrastructure and a decent quality of life to the citizens of India.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs officially announced that on September 27, the President of India, Draupadi Murmu will present the awards to the winners in the winning state of Indore Smart City Madhya Pradesh.
ISAC-2022 is the fourth edition in this series of awards, succeeding three editions in 2018, 2019 and 2020. The 2022 edition was launched in Surat last year in April during the ‘Smart Cities-Smart Urbanization’ event.
Also Read More –
- Coimbatore Corporation completes 90% projects under smart city mission
- Coimbatore Smart City invites college bands to perform at lakefronts
- 22 Cities Under the Smart City Mission to be Ready by Next Month
- Work Going on at Fast Pace in all the 100 Smart Cities. Hardeep Puri to Shashi Tharoor on Smart City Question
- Lucknow Smart City Plans to Open UP’s First Divyang Park in Lucknow
- Dharamshala Smart City to Run 15 E-Buses in the City