IIT Roorkee has invited applications from interested candidates for a 12-month certificate online course in data science that aims at helping participants to begin a career in the field of data science. The course covers some of the most trending and latest technologies in the market, and also comes with Cloudxlab access to gain hands-on experience to solve real-world problems. Participants of the course will be presented with a certificate from IIT Roorkee upon completion of the course.
Anybody in their final year of undergraduate degree or has completed their undergraduation is eligible to apply for the course. The participants of the course would be required to complete at least 75% of the course, 1 capstone project and 6 guided projects such as Analyse emails from Python, Sentiment Analysis (Hive) from Hadoop, Log Parsing from Spark, 3 mandatory projects from machine learning within the deadline of the course to be eligible for the certificate from IIT Roorkee.
What the IIT Roorkee Online Course on Data Science Will Cover?
Some of the topics that will be covered over a period of one year are as follows:
- Linux for data science
- Getting started with Git
- Python foundations.
- Machine learning prerequisites including Numpy, Pandas and linear algebra.
- Getting started with SQL.
- Statistics foundations.
- Machine learning applications and landscape.
- Building end-to-end machine learning project.
- Training models.
- Support vector machines.
- Decision trees.
- Ensemble learning and random forests.
How to Apply for IIT Roorkee Online Course on Data Science?
- Interested and eligible candidates will have to first submit an online application form and statement of purpose before 26 September 2021.
- An online admission test will then be conducted by Cloudxlab.
- A personal interview will be conducted, after which the program will begin. The cost of the course would be Rs 2,49,999.