IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies is partnering with Sony India Software Centre to offer free course on Artificial intelligence
IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation is partnering with Sony India Software Centre Pvt Ltd to equip students from economically disadvantaged background with industry-ready technical skills. The course on artificial intelligence, machine learning, cyber security and computer graphics is being offered completely free of cost to students whose parents have an annual income of less than Rs 8 lakh.
The course called ‘Sony India Finishing School Skill Development Training Program,’ will provide training in select areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (AI/ML), Cyber Security and Computer Graphics besides Business Communication skills. Sony India Software Centre will extend employment to the top 15 performers of this course. The Pravartak Technologies Foundation will assist the remaining students with placement in other companies by arranging for their interviews through the IITM PTF placement cell.
What the IIT Madras Free Course on Artificial Intelligence Will Cover
The course, which will be conducted over a period of 6 months, will cover the following topics:
- Cyber security.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Computer graphics.
- Computer programming.
- Operating system concepts.
- Networking concepts.
- Business communication skills.
Important Details of the IIT Madras Free Course
The student selection process is based on Academic performance of Engineering graduates who passed out in 2020-2021, 2021-2022 with a minimum of 60 per cent aggregate in all examinations and whose parents have an annual income of less than Rs 8 lakh. In addition, a written entrance examination would also be conducted followed by an interview. Students who successfully clear the evaluation with the highest score are eligible for a stipend provided under the training program.
The duration of the course is approximately six months. It will be a full-time course, conducted in physical mode in classrooms provided by IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation. Certificates will be provided for the students on successfully completing the training program. Some of the other important details of the course are as follows:
- The total number of students selected will be restricted to 30 only.
- The selection will be based on criteria such as academic performance, parental income, and entrance exam on aptitude or analytical test followed by an interview.
- Entrance exam will be conducted at select centers in Tamil Nadu.
- Training is free of cost.
- Duration of the training is six months.
- 50% of the batch size will get a performance-based stipend.
- The top 15 selected students will be paid a stipend of Rs10,000 per month for the first two months, which will be renewed for the subsequent months based on the student’s performance.
- The remaining 15 students will be given free training.
Those who wish to know more are advised to go through the official website for more information.